Jump to content
  • 0
Vilho

Parameters failing with WP cache plugins and Apple

Question

Hello, 

When submitting form and taken to a separate result page our datapage fails to show results on Iphone´s and some of the Ipads. I have come to the conclusion that it is the cache plugin that is creating this issue. I have tested with Lite Speed cache and WP Total Cache and both produce the same issue. We have also updated our Wordpress to 5.1

Please comment here and check if you possibly experience the same issue.

Br, Vilho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi @Vilho,

May I know how are you passing the parameter? And I would also like to suggest that you try to access your DataPage using its deployed  URL and see if it will work this way. We can use this to isolate if this issue is really has something to do with your cache plugin.

Regards,

TsiBiRU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi, 

Yes, I have tested with only a datapage url and submitted outside from my website and directed the results to the datapage - then  no problem with Apple mobiles.

BUT

When I on exit pass a field value as parameter and receive it on the next datapage it fails on Iphones and some of the Ipads. At the same time I have to have Lite Speed cache or Total cache on. If I disable those it will work and results are to be seen. I can also confirm that this is not related to the newest WP release.

Br, Vilho

 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have to say also that I have been a Caspio user from 2013 and earliest rumours from my clients that I have ticketed have been from 2014 and at that time I has no cache plugin. Users simply told that they did not receive any results. We did not find any device but now this is so so clear situation.

Today I asked Caspio´s support team to test and they have replicated the issue. It is related to cache plugins (at least those which cache PHP), Caspio embedded datapages and it´s search results with Iphones and Ipads = Apple mobile devices. I am quite sure it is not just my website because when I disabled cache plugin situation does not occur. When I enabled cache plugin with all optimizations disabled it re-emerged. I cant be the only one having those plugins on with WP platform using Caspio.

Please test if you are able to replicate what I describe.

Br, Vilho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi @Vilho

May I know if this issue/error only occurs when you are using Safari web browser? have you tried accessing your web site using a different browser, like Chrome or IE?

If this is only happening on Safari browser, I have a simple troubleshooting step that you can try. One of the most common causes of browser issue with Safari has something to do with Safari Security Policy.
You can try  to  go to Safari settings-> Preferences-> Privacy and uncheck checkboxes:
And recheck,  and see if that will help.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

TsiBiRu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi, 

Support replied to me: Our DevOps team has identified this as an issue caused due to Safari/iOS, rather than Caspio issue. They will have to do in-depth investigation of the issue across different iOS and iPhone versions which may take some time. We appreciate your patience.

@TsiBiRu this also happens with Chrome browser but it has only being spotted on iOS. I still want to point out that my WP site cache plugin(s) seem to have something to do with this conflict since when I disable Lite Speed cache > parameters will work normally again on all devices. The issue with that approach is that if I disable cache plugin our website performance is taken back to the rock age. If I leave it on some of our clients using Apple mobile devices are not getting any search results. I have used Browserstack and Crossbrowsertesting to simulate the situation with multiple devices.

From this point forward

Now I guess our case is on the hands of Caspio DevOps team operating from Philipphines. Support says above (as always) that this is "non Caspio" issue but from our perspective Caspio is failing to work (at the moment) as expected. For us as an online operation that has +600 landing pages with embedded Caspio forms to paid traffic to convert this is nightmare. Caspio cloud database is the bottom ground of our data serving model and all its automation which we have trusted already over 6 years. When people after seeing our ads, click it and convert but see nothing they feel betrayed - by us.  That is something we cant take in the long run. 

Br, Vilho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...