submitting data and reusing first row

twinsdad

Question

Not sure how to best handle this. I have a couple of issues.

First is my top row (Date) is always used. Sometimes I need up to 20 copies of the second row (Customer) to submit a batch of entries at once. What's the best way to spawn additional Customer rows on the fly?

Second - Say I'm able to spawn 3 of the customer rows (all the same). But upon submitting I'd like to have each row submitted as a new record in the table using the Date row as if each record was submitted separately.

Not sure if I'm making sense so let me know. I've attached my datapage and my table screenshots.

Thanks!

2019-03-08 15_54_14-Caspio - Preview_ Fuel_Log Web Form.png

2019-03-08 16_02_19-Caspio - Fuel_Log Table Design.png

1 answer to this question

Hi,

The correct way to proceed would be with two different tables since you have explained the concept of one order may contain many customers, that is a one to many relationship so you can add from one up to an unlimited amount of customers to your order. You can learn more about table relationships here: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/relationships/

If you do not use table relationships, you might end up with a very dirty application which will be hard to manage in the future.

Hope it helps.

Regards