Table Column Formula Age Calculation Invalid Formula Error

Becca37

Question

Hello,

I've taken the age calculation from https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/reports/advanced-reporting/calculations-in-forms-and-reports/ and am trying to put it into the formula for a field in a table. 

Datediff(year,[@field:DOB],GetUTCDate())

My field name used in the calculation is DOB just like in the example. The field is a date/time data type.

What might I be doing wrong? 

Thanks!

2019-03-27_13-29-08.png

3 answers to this question

Nondeterministic functions cannot be used on formula fields in the table but you can use them in calculated value and calculated fields on your DataPages. In the table, the formula is not valid when it contains SQL subqueries, aggregate functions (SUM, AVERAGE), nondeterministic functions (GetUTCDate, Rand), or other formula fields.

11 minutes ago, MayMusic said:

Nondeterministic functions cannot be used on formula fields in the table but you can use them in calculated value and calculated fields on your DataPages. In the table, the formula is not valid when it contains SQL subqueries, aggregate functions (SUM, AVERAGE), nondeterministic functions (GetUTCDate, Rand), or other formula fields.

Ahhh, thanks! I didn't even pay attention to that page I quoted being for reports and not tables. Off I go to add Age to a report instead. Thanks!