manager: Popicle Pop

- CORRECT

Store B
456 Summer Time
Hopefully, DD 80014
Manager: Groovy Man

The Problem:
When I select Store C
The results return all the stores assigned to Store C with manager names, however the stores name and address  are duplicated, the manager names are unique.

Store C - (results returned)
788 Okaywhereissummer Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022
Manager: Boogie Wonderland

Store C
788 Okaywhereissummer Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022

Store C
788 Okaywhereissummer Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022
Manager: Lucy Lunchmeat

Store C
788 HereIam Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022
Manager: Dolly DoorKnob

Store C
788 HereIam Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022
Manager: Kick Rocks

Store c
788 HereIam Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022

***The goal:
I would like the results to return unique store locations, (so that means all the managers associated to that one store are displayed),  and create a link
the user will click on and route to the details page, this page will display a snippet of information pertaining to each manager at that store. (see below)

Store C
788 Okaywhereissummer Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022
(link > click to details page with snippets of information of the managers associated to this location only)
Manager: Lucy Lunchmeat
Manager: Boogie Wonderland

Store C
788 HereIam Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022
(link > click to details page with snippets of information of the managers associated to this location only)
Manager: Dolly DoorKnob
Manager: Kick Rocks

I also need to be able to search on the manager name individually, this result set would return all the stores the manager is assigned to  and create a link
to the details page that will display a snippet of information pertaining to manager selected.

Select manager > Popicle Pops

Store C
788 HereIam Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022

(Name: Popicle Pops Link)

Store C
788 Okaywhereissummer Rd
AwwwMan, FF 80022

(Name: Popicle Pops Link)

Whew!

Is this possible?  I have researched JavaScript (case - switch ) ,  which I think can be a option, only I don't know where to begin.  I'm stuck.   Help !!  Ideas, Any suggestions on how to achieve this complex search form is greatly appreciated.  Hopefully, it's a simple solution. :)

Thanks

Dawana

1 answer to this question

You have a many to many relationship here -- many managers can be associated to many locations -- so you might want to start with normalizing your tables.

2019-04-16_16-04-18.png.1f45f5313a4a283ef628ce16cc4a5125.png

You could then:

(1) Query the location table for the location-specific search. to show all the locations with a link to each location's detail page (1 search DataPage).

(2) Display the details of a location with all associated managers (two DataPages, leveraging the parent-child relationship and embedded into a single web page)

(3) Display the details of a manager with all associated locations (another two DataPages, leveraging the parent-child relationship from the opposite direct and embedded into a single web page)

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/tech-parameters/how-to-create-a-one-to-many-relational-datapage/

~~~~~~~

There might be a less DataPage-heavy solution to do what you want, perhaps others have such ideas. :0)