Go to the next page does not bring me to the top of the search result

IdeaPage

Question

Hi all,

2 things that I would like to get your help with:

1. Search results piece - when I click on the next page, I get directed to it whereas I do not go the the top of the result on the next page, rather stay at the level of the paging block and need to scroll of the way up to see the results at the top. Possible to change?

2. Is there a button to re-set the search form? I found one in the tech tips, whereas it re-sets the form to the previous values, not completely. Possible to do?

Appreciate your help,

IdeaPage

6 answers to this question

Hi @IdeaPage,

For your first question, the reason why when you go to the next page, it stays at the bottom instead of going into the top, is that the Ajax loading feature is enabled. I also encountered this issue before. I found out that disabling Ajax loading will resolve the issue. You may refer to this article for more details: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/ajax-loading/

Thanks, 

kristina

Hi @IdeaPage,

For the reset button, you can create a custom button using an HTML Block. Click the source button or disbale the HTML editor in the Advanced Tab. Then, insert this code inside:

<input type="button" name="reset" value="Reset" id="form-reset" onclick="customReset();"/>

<script>
function customReset()
{
document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual1").value = "";
document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual2").value = "";
document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual3").value = "";
}
</script>

Please note that you need to change the "cbParamVirtual1", "cbParamVirtual2", "cbParamVirtual3" depending on the ID of your search fields. You can get it by inspecting the elements.

Regards,

kristina