Background color outside the Search forms and data tables

DesiLogi

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to change the background color of the wider datapage via Styles, meaning the white space that is 'around' the data table and also the Search and Details forms when they're opened. I've been looking in the Source of Styles in various places but can't figure out what the overall datapage background is called so I can change the color. If anyone can point this out that'd be very helpful!

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, DesiLogi said:

Hi KpCollier,

Thanks for the tip but I need to put this in the Stylesheet (in Styles)- I have over 500 datapages and they to be updated simultaneously via the Stylesheet. Is there some way to do that there? It seems like there must be. 

Same way. Go to the style you are using, go to the source tab, make sure you select All on the left column. I just put the body rule on top of everything else, and it worked. 

When I went back to take a screenshot it put it on the bottom. But this is how I did it.

bodycolor.PNG

Hi KpCollier,

Thanks for digging in on this. I did as you suggested and it did work- except in the strip where the Search box would be located if it's checked 'show above results.' This is some sort of header but I cannot figure out what Caspio calls it. I tried doing an 'inspect' but wasn't able to find the right block in the Style Source to match it. Here's a screenshot of what I mean: the white space isn't affected by the body setting.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 2.05.41 PM.png

When I do an Inspect on the page it looks like cbOuterAjaxCtnr is where some of the whitespace comes from. When I manually type in a background color (in inspector) it does change the background. However, in the Style Sources if I put the below code it doesn't work and I can't find anything for cbOuterAjaxContainer. This is what I thought it would need: 

.cbOuterAjaxCtnr
{
    background-color: #daded1 !important;
}

EDIT:

Ah, I figured it out if anyone else needs to do the same thing: The background setting needs to not be in a Caspio datapage or Style but in the host web page's css. I guess the datapage uses whatever background css the host page uses for the headers and outer containers.