Pivot tables, Calculated fields and HTML blocks

Farnsbarnes

Question

Does anyone have any insight as to when Caspio is going to finally add HTML blocks and calculated fields to pivot tables?  It's a really significant missing feature and means my tabular tables offer features my pivot tables don't - which just makes for a poor, inconsistent GUI experience for my users.  I'm guessing that doing the code is probably difficult, but I've been around long enough to know there's always a way!

Come on Caspio!

5 answers to this question

All I can say is good luck. The best place to put your ideas is on the Ideabox, but, it's not used very much. There are a lot of voted for ideas that have no feedback from Caspio whatsoever. There are a bunch of subjects on there that say 'starting' that are a year old... I brought it up to them multiple times and they said that their infrastructure is old and they are working on a new one and that "all of my wanted ideas are already on the roadmap". 

Yeah, sure. <_< 

I would still search the ideabox for a similar request or make a new one. But, on a real note, this forum post will probably work just as good. 

Sure, I've voted for this already in the Ideabox... although I'd have thought this feature should be an obvious and natural part of the pivot table without relying on the Ideabox to prompt it.

First I've heard that Caspio is changing its infrastructure - it scares me a bit due to backwards compatibility issues, but I guess that's their job as experts to get right.  Do you have any idea when this new infrastructure might come out?  

21 minutes ago, Farnsbarnes said:

First I've heard that Caspio is changing its infrastructure - it scares me a bit due to backwards compatibility issues, but I guess that's their job as experts to get right.  Do you have any idea when this new infrastructure might come out?  

"We recognized this and starting middle of this year, we have been building out new infrastructure to make way for many exciting features in our product roadmap. Please stay tuned to our product update in early nextyear to have more information on the upcoming features."

That is from an email straight from the Director of Product Management back in 2019. That's all they told me about a time.

But, honestly, they are still even having trouble with the Safari Login Issue that they said would be fixed with the upcoming product release. Caspio 21.0 just came out yesterday, and unless I missed it on their release notes, that's a promise not kept. 

If I had to guess, they would roll out this 'infrastructure' towards Fall of this year or later. 

In the email from the Director, he mentioned a few different features to me, but did not say anything about Pivot Tables.