Trigger/Loop to send email to multiple contacts

Roosta

Question

Hello all,

I have been looking at the loop function in triggered actions and would like to use it for sending an email to all contacts for a specified customer, I have a submission form with a field where a customer can be selected and an option to email individual contacts (have that working fine) and another dropdown that can be selected to "Email all".  I have tried to create a loop with limited success by that I mean it sends the email to the selected contacts ok but sends it multiple times to the same contacts for however many records there are in the contacts table  example below;

image.png.9e9e5723fb7489e9fb3f3392b91473f4.png#

So say there are a total of 100 contacts in the contacts table but only 2 contacts for the selected customer those 2 contacts get the same email 100 times (not ideal!) so I am guessing some kind of counter is going to be needed to count the number of contacts for the selected customer and ensure the contact/s are only sent the email once. However, I am not very familiar with this particular function and the Caspio online help doesn't have a great deal of information on the loop function that I can find.

I am hoping someone has used it for something similar and will be willing to share how they achieved that, thanks for reading and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Roosta

5 answers to this question

Well I was going to post an image of the working solution but apprently I have now reached the 2mb limit of my account attachements and the only workaround according to Caspio support is to create another account... even if you delete attachments from old posts they remain in your profile and cannot be deleted .

My apologies if anyone was looking for a similar solution!

Cheers, Roosta

Heres a transcript fro support for those who are interested;

Hello I was just chatting with Jojo and the chat timed out while I was waiting for an answer? 

Me 

Hello, I'm Jojo, thank you for contacting Caspio. 

Jojo 

Hello Jojo 

My chat timed out waiting for a response from you on attachements in the forum 

Me 

Welcome back. 

Jojo 

Thank you 

Me 

I have coordinated this with our internal team. And I'm sorry to inform you that we don't have the ability to increase the limit due to security reasons. 

I hope you understand. 

Jojo 

Can't some of the existing attachements be deleted? 

Me 

The other option will be creating a dummy account to post a new article. 

Jojo 

Seems pretty poor that I can no longer post any attachments for help or to help others.... 

And no I don't understantd "security" being used as a reason to be honest... 

Me 

I think it also won't let you to delete it because it will also remove from the previous post attachment. 

Jojo 

I could understand a limit of size per/item or post but not such a small limit of 2mb per account? 

Me 

As per our internal team, we highly recommend that you attached images only so it won't consume much space. 

Jojo 

I have only attached images 

just a lot of them as its the only way to explain with a visual interface most of the time 

Such as triggered actions 

Never mind I will just post I can't compete the thread or solution due to system restrictions of 2mb 

Me 

I'm afraid that there is nothing we can do about this limit in your account. What I can do is inform our product team and request to remove or extend the limit but I cannot promise you that they will implement it. For workaround, please create another account to post a new topic or article. 

Jojo 

Just seems a bit counterintuative you want people to discuss issues and help each other for solutions with your system then restrict them from doing so effectively... 

Me 

I understand your frustration but that is how the system is being designed due to security reasons. 

Jojo 

Fine as said will post the information you have given me so others are aware thanks for your help 

Me 

Okay, thank you for understanding. Is there anything else I can assist you with? 

Jojo 

No thats fine thanks have a good weekend 

Me 

Thank you for contacting us.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can assist you with. 
You can also reach us at (650) 691-0900. 
Have a great day!