Set default options in Single Record update

KAPITYAN

Question

I have a radio button that uses custom values. I need to select one of the options as the default but the tick to do so is not working. Can you please advise what I'm doing wrong?

Like for example, I have the options "Any, Yes and No" and I want to make the option "Any" as the default one. The "tick" to do so normally shows in green but it is currently black/gray and won't set the default. By the way, removing and reinserting has not changed.

2 answers to this question

If you have created a "Submission" or "Single Record Update"  DataPage then that's a correct behavior of a radio button on an update page not to be able to set a default value as the value of the radio button is being fetched from the Table , so you can NOT have a default value for the Radio button.

Only on the Submission DataPages you are able to set the default value for either radio buttons or checkboxes. In other words, the check button on the radio button is grayed out due to this reason, this field is already populated therefore neither the "Select" nor any other radio button values can be set initially as the default but the value already saved in the table for that field.

Please note that the default option for a dropdown menu, checkboxes and radio buttons is disabled on an "Update DataPage" as it gets its values from the data source table. And the field that you have selected already has a default value since it is a text field (in your case, it is making 0 as the default value because it is retrieving the record from your data).

I hope that helps.