Triggered Actions to Record Time

ChristopherNORD

Question

When a DataPage report is updated and there is a change in status (a drop down) I want to record the time in my table.  I use triggered actions to make this happen.  Below is an example.  The issue is that sometimes I need to manually enter a timestamp into my table but the triggered actions won't let me.  The workaround is to import the data to populate the field but I'd rather do it from a DataPage.  Any ideas?

image.png.f4b264502b042553409195af8d0904b7.png

11 answers to this question

Hi @ChristopherNORD,

You mentioned that when you are manually entering the Timestamp in the Table, the Triggered Actions won't let you do it. May I know the error that you are getting? 

I tried to replicate your Triggered Action on my end and it seems to be working as expected. Here is what I have:

image.png.fc5f81f8be16987ef6120a1c23463d73.png

Please check other areas of your Triggered Actions. You can also open a support ticket for this one. 

Cheers!

Hello @ChristopherNORD,

I'm not sure if you have considered this already, but did you know that you can modify the timestamp field to also run On Update and not only On Insert? If not, you may want to give this a try and see if that can help achieve this workflow. You can configure your timestamp field by going to your table design and then select the field and check the 'Stamp On Update' checkbox from the right panel of the screen. You may check this screenshot for reference:

image.thumb.png.ab40cb5c31d9b4f1cf43e925b9b31e46.png

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

On 8/3/2020 at 5:15 AM, astroboy said:

Hello @ChristopherNORD,

I'm not sure if you have considered this already, but did you know that you can modify the timestamp field to also run On Update and not only On Insert? If not, you may want to give this a try and see if that can help achieve this workflow. You can configure your timestamp field by going to your table design and then select the field and check the 'Stamp On Update' checkbox from the right panel of the screen. You may check this screenshot for reference:

image.thumb.png.ab40cb5c31d9b4f1cf43e925b9b31e46.png

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Note that my timestamps are conditional on what another field says.  I don't want a timestamp every time something is updated only when something is updated and a field says something specific.

Hi @ChristopherNORD,

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a checkbox field to table to distinguish when field Date_Added can be editable  (e.g.  Editable: Yes/No).

You may add an additional condition in WHERE clause to filter-out records that has "Editable" field set to "No" (unchecked).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vitalikssssss

3 hours ago, Vitalikssssss said:

Hi @ChristopherNORD,

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a checkbox field to table to distinguish when field Date_Added can be editable  (e.g.  Editable: Yes/No).

You may add an additional condition in WHERE clause to filter-out records that has "Editable" field set to "No" (unchecked).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vitalikssssss

This is a good idea but I can't get any fields to show up.

image.thumb.png.ad68d9c4566a21d71597e393cb368a78.png

I'm guessing it's because of the inner join?

image.png.5098391ab9f912ec81e4076cc44267a8.png

10 hours ago, Vitalikssssss said:

Hi @ChristopherNORD,

I would not recommend using IF/THEN block for this case.

I would rather recommend using a WHERE clause in Update block to check the status field.

8942504569ab.png

Regards,

vitalikssssss

Tried this and I get the following error: "Values cannot be submitted due to a data restriction."