Import excel data via copy/paste

Matthieu

Question

Hello all, 

I have a question. I wouldlike to know if it's possible for a user to import excel data in the database via copy paste. 

For example the user have 4 columns and 10 rows in Excel, he selects all the cells and column and I copy paste directly in the app to import it. 

It has to be in "user mode". It has to be a feature of the app. 

Thanks for your help:

3 answers to this question

Hi @Matthieu,

No, it is not possible to copy-paste the design and data at the same time. You should consider importing your excel file into Caspio Bridge. Or you can create a table design and after that copy and paste the data in each field one by one. Please follow this link for more details about importing data:
https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/importing-data/

On 9/12/2020 at 6:39 AM, Matthieu said:

Hello all, 

I have a question. I wouldlike to know if it's possible for a user to import excel data in the database via copy paste. 

For example the user have 4 columns and 10 rows in Excel, he selects all the cells and column and I copy paste directly in the app to import it. 

It has to be in "user mode". It has to be a feature of the app. 

Thanks for your help:

It is not possible for the end users to upload or import a file from the application directly. What I can suggest, you enable the editing options in the Tabular Report, either inline add or grid edit. However, this will be a manual process and one record at a time. 

Hope this helps.

Hi there! I was about to suggest submitting this idea to this link that a support member gave me when the feature I wanted to use was not yet available in Caspio. But. when I revisited the site, I saw that a similar idea have been submitted already. Let's all vote for this so hopefully this can be implemented in the future releases :) 

http://ideabox.caspio.com/forums/164206-caspio-bridge/suggestions/7963449-ability-for-app-users-to-import-data-into-tables