Area of a circle

imJihyo

Question

Hello, I am not that familiar with using calculations and formulas and is just starting out. I am trying to create a form that generates different types of calculations such as an area of a circle. This is the formula that I am currently using:

(3.141592653589793238 * ([@field:Radius]*[@field:Radius]))

It works, but I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this in Caspio. Any recommendations will be gladly appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi @imJihyo:)

I am also a newbie when it comes to calculations and formulas, but I got curious when I saw your post so I tried it out. I was thinking, what if I don't want to use the actual value of Pi inside the calculation (I wanted to use the symbol itself) and also what if I want to use different powers (n raised to 3, to 4 etc.) Here's what I came up with:

Pi()*(Power([@field:Radius], 2))

It actually does the same thing as your calculation, but it uses Caspio functions Pi() and Power(field, n). You can learn more about other functions on their HowTo article. I find it very helpful and fun to explore too :D