How to add records to a another table from search results

mikekarim

Question

Hi everyone!

I have a table which with +50,000 products (Prodcut_Catalog) and i have created a data page to search products for certain criterias like brand, produt type, etc.

According to search criteria the results page will display several products, what i need to do, is to select one of the products and add it to another table.

Thanks for the help!

3 answers to this question

Depending on how do you want it to work actually.

We can try using triggered action. What you will need to do is to add an extra field (preferably a yes/no field) on your main table data source. Include it then on your Datapage then perform an inline edit where if the user checked the yes/no field, it will be copied or transferred into another table which you intended. 

You will need a trigger like this in order for that workflow to work:
image.png.88db146d00c112953b2be08ebdaa4420.png

You may also try creating an autosubmit submission form that will manually submit the records to your intended table. For this workflow, you will need to create a submission form for the intended destination table. Make sure that this submission form is capable of capturing values from external parameters.

Then on your actual DataPage, create a links (preferably those that create pop-ups when clicked) to the submission form that you just made. Make sure that you include the values you want to pass to the another table as an external parameter to the URL you use on the link

On 2/6/2021 at 2:49 AM, NiceDuck said:

You may also try creating an autosubmit submission form that will manually submit the records to your intended table. For this workflow, you will need to create a submission form for the intended destination table. Make sure that this submission form is capable of capturing values from external parameters.

Then on your actual DataPage, create a links (preferably those that create pop-ups when clicked) to the submission form that you just made. Make sure that you include the values you want to pass to the another table as an external parameter to the URL you use on the link

Thanks NiceDuck, i think this might work, i'll try to implement it!!! I'll let you know the results!