Validate a code

imJihyo

Question

Hi there! It's me again :D

I just wanted to ask for suggestions on how I can create a validation type of form. Basically, my payment committee generates payment confirmation codes after a customer pays for their subscription. The customers then fill out a form that contains basic information about them such as name, amount of payment, a checkbox that they agree to the terms and conditions, and their payment confirmation code. What I want to happen is when they try to submit this form and the payment code is invalid, they will not be able to submit the form. 

Additionally, I do have a separate table that contains the payment confirmation code along with the customer's name and date when it was generated.

Will appreciate any suggestion :wub:Thanks!!  

1 answer to this question

Hey there @imJihyo!

Maybe you can use a calculated field to check if the code is valid OR existing inside your code table, then use JavaScript to prevent the submission? 

I created one DataPage for creating payment confirmation codes. This one makes you enter the name of the customer then it generates a random ID as the code:

image.png.c552e30cc07daffbf56877ad26c97b7d.png

Then, for the form that the users will fill out, I used a combination of calculations and JavaScript. 

Here's the calculation (you can use a virtual field, set the form element to calculated value, then use the solutions here to hide the field):

NOTE:

- change PaymentCode inside count and beside WHERE to the field name of your code inside your code table

- change CodeTbl to the name of your table that contains the code

- PaymentCode inside [@field.PaymentCode] to the field name of where your users will enter the code for validation

CASE
WHEN (SELECT COUNT(PaymentCode) FROM CodeTbl WHERE PaymentCode = target.[@field:PaymentCode]) = 1
THEN 1
ELSE 2
END

And here's the JavaScript:

NOTE:

- change elements accordingly if needed

<script type="text/javascript">

document.addEventListener('BeforeFormSubmit', function(event) {

var Input1 = document.querySelector("span[id^='cbParamVirtual1']").innerHTML;

if (Input1 == 2) {
event.preventDefault();

alert('Please Enter a Valid Payment Code!');

} else {

document.forms["caspioform"].submit();

}

});
</script>

This is then what it looks like when they enter a non existing/not valid code:

image.thumb.png.1773e21c118a6f830219510d4e5dfead.png

When the entered code is valid, it should successfully submit.

I hope this helps!!!