Is there any way to make pie charts with separate fields for each series?

Gabrielle

Question

I am building a system with record-level security for each user. Each user has a variety of different numeric values associated with their account. I want to aggregate those values into a pie chart. Is there any way to do this? If not, is there any way to associate those values with each user in a different series of excel charts?

6 answers to this question

What I could suggest for this is to create a different table and use task or trigger to compile the values you need there then use it to create a chart since as far as I know, we cannot use complex operations on the chart.

If  you could provide us some of your objects and sample, (ex, a photo or current chart and the intended chart) perhaps we can provide more input to this.

Pie chart will only based on a single field.  Since the whole of the chart  will always be equal to 100%,  it aggregate all of the values on that single field then divide the chart depends on what are the different values on that field.

Now, if the values that you want to put on that pie chart is on different fields, We can still proceed with the workflow of using a different table. No need to make a seperate table per user, just mark the record to which user it belongs. What we will need here is a Task that will compile those values on a single field

From this:

piechart_base_table.png

to this:

piechart_processed_table.png

12 hours ago, NiceDuck said:

What I could suggest for this is to create a different table and use task or trigger to compile the values you need there then use it to create a chart since as far as I know, we cannot use complex operations on the chart.

If  you could provide us some of your objects and sample, (ex, a photo or current chart and the intended chart) perhaps we can provide more input to this.

Thank you for your help! Here are two images that might help: What I want is for the singular user's data from multiple columns to be compared against each other in a pie chart. Each user signs in and can only see data from their row in the table, so a pie chart that calculates based off of a column only shows one number as 100% (see below)

Pie-chart-single-user.thumb.png.0e934aa5f707747907eeb82d0c94219e.png

I want John to log in and see a pie chart based on the numbers in his row from multiple columns. With my current table, the only way for me to get a pie chart with multiple values is to make it compare various users' data (see below)

Pie-chart-multi-user.thumb.png.04434b45ceba55f2faa47124f0bac6f4.png

I'm worried that because user authentication checks credentials matching a row, and pie charts can only calculate data across several rows from a column, that there isn't a way for me to make the right kind of chart. I also would ideally like to be able to store all user info in one table, since making a new table for each user and connecting it to a pie chart would be time consuming.

Please let me know if  you have any tips or if you think this is doable or not. I appreciate the help!