Hide Submit Button and Display a Warning Message

I'm using a Submission Form Data Page to let my teachers Schedule A Class for their students. I have a calculated field for the number of classes left in the student's account. This field is a Virtual Field in the Data Page. I would like to Hide or Disable the Submit button and display a Warning Message when that field becomes zero.  Is there a way to do this without using JavaScript? If not, can someone please help me with JS because I don't have any experience using it. 

image.png.b41912f8a4b5d796b94453de93f6466a.png

image.png.3a9b7e026e1aa0bea0933e7c04b13c07.png

Hi @SeanMeyer

To achieve this I use Conditional rules and CSS: https://c0dcv045.caspio.com/dp/aa4a60005b70f84f7961410e9ae9

For hiding the button:

1. Hide the Button using this code(note that you need to put the code on the header of the DataPage):
    <style>
    .cbSubmitButtonContainer {
    display:none;
    }
    </style>
  2. Add HTML Block for the button and add this code:
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" id="Submit_2b06f709c0bc1f" value="Submit" class="cbSubmitButton">

For displaying and hiding of the custom button and display message:

1. Separate the fields and HTML block using Sections
  2. User rule where it will hide the HTML block or the display where the Button is if the criteria met.

I hope this helps.

On 4/25/2021 at 4:58 AM, SeanMeyer said:

I'm using a Submission Form Data Page to let my teachers Schedule A Class for their students. I have a calculated field for the number of classes left in the student's account. This field is a Virtual Field in the Data Page. I would like to Hide or Disable the Submit button and display a Warning Message when that field becomes zero.  Is there a way to do this without using JavaScript? If not, can someone please help me with JS because I don't have any experience using it. 

image.png.b41912f8a4b5d796b94453de93f6466a.png

image.png.3a9b7e026e1aa0bea0933e7c04b13c07.png

Unfortunately, you can't do both of those (alert and disable button) without JavaScript. You can try the following

<script>
  document.addEventListener("BeforeFormSubmit", function(event) {
    var VirtualVal = document.querySelector('select[name="cbParamVirtual1"]').value;

if(VirtualVal == '0'){
     alert('You have no more classes available.');
     event.preventDefault();
    }

});

</script>

This gets the value of your Virtual 1 - (cbParamVirtual1) and if it's 0, it will provide an alert with a custom message, and prevent the form from submitting.

The Submit button should be clicked first before this script fires.

For more information how to call field names through JavaScript - 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone, just sharing a code that may be useful for this conversation. This hides the submit button when clicked/pressed.

<script type="text/javascript">

document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', function (event) {

var subbutton= document.querySelector(".cbSubmitButton");
subbutton.unsafe =  function() { subbutton.style.display = "none"; };

});

</script>