pass literal value in a parameter

Sam23

Question

I need to pass a static literal value in my URL - a link that passes in a specific ID each time.  What is the syntax for that : ?tid=

if the parameter being passed is "tid"? 

I have tried single quotes, double quotes, brackets. So far nothing works. When I look at the URL being passed, additional symbols such as %20 have been added to the front of the literal value I am trying to pass.

Thanks for the help,

Sam

3 answers to this question

Hi @Sam23,

If you have a field called "tid", you can just check the field name for it and pass that instead. for example: [@field:tid].

If you have set it for the beginning such as tid=[@field], then it is the parameter name that you have set.

This will be passed as a query string. You can check more information about it here.

-Natoy

Thanks, but the issue is that I have a static value I want to pass, not a field value. I want a button that goes to a specific page and does not vary according to what record I am in. It should be a simple matter of typing in that static value in the URL, but so far I've tried no quotes, single quotes, double quotes. Nothing works.

8 minutes ago, Sam23 said:

Thanks, but the issue is that I have a static value I want to pass, not a field value. I want a button that goes to a specific page and does not vary according to what record I am in. It should be a simple matter of typing in that static value in the URL, but so far I've tried no quotes, single quotes, double quotes. Nothing works.

what are you trying to pass? It should just be URL?TID=123

TID will now pass '123', receive that value as [@TID] in your fields On Load