Truncate in Grid Edit

pmcfarlain

Question

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, pmcfarlain said:

I have a field that is set to truncate at 50 characters but when I enter grid edit it no longer truncates. Caspio support told me this is the expected result. Anyone know of work-arounds for this?

Truncation is only for display. Why do you need to truncate the characters? You can set the max length for input, they can't add any more if the data already exceeds the max length, they can  only erase the data and then input up to the max length you set

6 minutes ago, TellMeWhy said:

Truncation is only for display. Why do you need to truncate the characters? You can set the max length for input, they can't add any more if the data already exceeds the max length, they can  only erase the data and then input up to the max length you set

I have a page set to default grid edit and the users are editing a different field but I have a description field on-screen for reference. It takes up a lot of space so I'd like to be able to truncate it.