Results report Frozen column width adjustment - how to

StephenS

Question

Hi All

I have a results report which is using three groupings, with a large number of subsequent fields.  

All works ok, but when I freeze the first three columns, the width seems to default to a small width and I can find no way of adjusting them.  

The usual width setings and those in the style seem only to impact the columns if they are not frozen,  

Can anyone assist in how you can set the frozen columns to a wider and fixed width

thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, StephenS said:

Hi All

I have a results report which is using three groupings, with a large number of subsequent fields.  

All works ok, but when I freeze the first three columns, the width seems to default to a small width and I can find no way of adjusting them.  

The usual width setings and those in the style seem only to impact the columns if they are not frozen,  

Can anyone assist in how you can set the frozen columns to a wider and fixed width

thanks in advance

What does yours look like?
Mine adjusts accordinly...

When the columns are not frozen, the column widths are ok and  have the correct width I have set up, and the text does not wrap in them. 

When I freeze these columns they all shrink to the same width, which looks to be some sort of default.  the test in them wraps and I cannot then change their width 

712593360_ScreenShot2021-09-03at18_54_26.png.3d6ca067f8c3096f0a46a71f09582202.png

Hi All!

I used the code provided here to adjust the width of the frozen columns. But instead of display:none, I replaced it with padding: 8px 70px.

To avoid word-wrapping, you can use white-space:pre !important;

<style>

form[action*='[@cbAppKey]'] tr.cbResultSetDataRow td:nth-child(1),
form[action*='[@cbAppKey]'] tr.cbResultSetTableHeader th:nth-child(1)
{
padding: 8px 70px !important;
}
form[action*='[@cbAppKey]'] tr.cbResultSetDataRow td:nth-child(2),
form[action*='[@cbAppKey]'] tr.cbResultSetTableHeader th:nth-child(2)
{
white-space:pre !important;
}
</style>

Hope this helps!