Sending auto email reminders based on date

artdocent

Question

4 answers to this question

hi,

you want to send the email automatically (not via any DataPage). You might wanna ask Caspio to run some trigger for your table. I guess they can run the trigger at the backend and send the emails automatically to multiple users based on certain criteria(as in your case date field).

Else, as you mentioned, in order to send emails to users, records has to be updated individually.

This is as per my knowledge in Caspio. They might have some stuff which I am unaware of .. :)

Caspio confirmed that a trigger needs to be set on the back-end. They also want a ridiculous amount of money to set it up (we are a non-profit with a very limited budget). We will be going the "manual" route by setting up a separate data page to generate a custom email. Fortunately, this is only for 20-30 records a week.

Hi @artdocent,

As of October 16, 2018, Caspio introduced new features which you can find here: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-bridge-15-0/

This release includes a new feature, Scheduled Tasks.  This allows you to modify data and send email or SMS notifications based on a predefined time schedule which you can use to send emails. For more information about Tasks: https://howto.caspio.com/tasks/ 

Check these videos for more information: