View filter criteria questions

sredfield

Question

Is there a way to create views that do either of the following. I think I need to do these in a view, not a report, because I want these criteria pre-selected, and the report to allow users to select only their own date range.

1) I want to filter our records to include people who live in one of 6 - 10 specified states. Can you designate multiple criteria for a single field using "OR" logic?

2) I want to filter a table on 2 fields, showing records that have the specified values in either field, but not necessarily both. It looks as if the view filter defaults to "AND" logic. Is there a way to filter a view with "OR" on different fields?

Thanks for any information or suggestions how to handle this.

4 answers to this question

Hi,

Both requests are available on a Report DataPage like explained in the response above. However, they are not a standard features in a view. There's no good way to achieve the first request in a view for now. However, there is a workaround for your second request, which is to combine both fields you'd like to search on into one big field. Then create a view to perform "contains" search on that concatenated field.

Hope this helps.