email invites

I have clients that run events and I would like them to be able to invite people by email to their events.

1) How can they add email addresses to send invitations? I would like there to be a default of 5 open fields and the ability for them to add more open fields if required and send out the invitations.

2) Import their own list of email addresses (excel, txt, etc) and send invitations.

3) The ability to see who they sent invites to and who responded eg: attending event y/n

Support is of no use, been days not communication

• 2 months later...

Is it like a submission page that user use to create event and then you use acknowledgement email to send invitations? if yes, then you should have one field and have the user enter emails and separate them by ";" also keep in mind that there is a limitation on email characters in all web mail systems. T :!: :!: :!:

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I am attempting to do the same but :

1) how can I group all the email addresses of selected users in one single virtual field?

2) can I put some code in the body of the email in order to create an event invitation for zimbra/gmail/exchange users?

Thanks

Sergio

1) If you have a report of all users, you can check boxes of each user to email. You can use a script to preselect users based on criteria, but you will have to send emails in 999 user chunks (Caspio record limit per page).

This script looks for a field >=1 and if so, marks it for bulk editing (for emailing). It works because it is the only field with the matching selector(.cbResultSet...) on the page. I use it to send emails to about 100 every other week.

<script type="text/javascript">
var delay=1000;
setTimeout(function() {
var elems = document.querySelectorAll(".cbResultSetTableCellNumberDate");
  for (var i=0, m=elems.length; i<m; i++) {
    if (elems[i].innerText >= 1) {  
    elems[i].parentNode.firstChild.firstChild.click();
    }
  }
},delay);
</script>

As far as I know, 2) is done with file attachments. It's not a matter of generating a URL to insert in your message.

Thanks aam82!

I need to learn how to embed javascripts in caspio... guess time has come.

2) the attachment for the invitation can be automatically generated? because should depend on the information put in the form (i.e. agenda, title, date of the meeting)

Thanks again

• 2 years later...

Hi @ESPCOR,

As of October 16, 2018, Caspio introduced new features which you can find here: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-bridge-15-0/

This release includes a new feature, Scheduled Tasks.  This allows you to modify data and send email or SMS notifications based on a predefined time schedule which you can use to your email invite. For more information about Tasks: https://howto.caspio.com/tasks/ 

Check these videos for more information:

I hope this helps!

• 4 years later...