Filter Datapage By A Value Created In A View

kme

Question

When creating a Report DataPage, one of the first things you can do is "Select Filtering Data". When I've selected a field, I want the filtering value to be from a View (which is not part of this DataPage's data source). The View itself has filters and contains only one row, which contains the value that I want to filter the DataPage with.

Is there anyway that I can select the value from the View and input it into the DataPage filter value field?

3 answers to this question

The question can perhaps be distilled down more succinctly by asking can a data page be filtered by a calculated value or parameter? I have poised this question to the staff and they have yet to respond. As an example: I have two fields Last_Completed and Interval. I have added the two fields to get a Due_Date as a calculated field which I want to filter the output of the page by to see only those records that are overdue as of today. It seems that the calculated field is not accessible for filtering - at least I have not figured out how. Any suggestions?