Display Most Recent Date From Table Or Table Last Updated Date

ChrisCarlson

Question

5 answers to this question

The html page displays the application main menu, which will let the user know when the table was last updated. Since the table is updated daily I would like to automate instead of having to manually post a last updated date. Since the table contains a date in one of the columns I would like to use that date to display the message. Is it possible via sql statement or javascript?

DataCobalt  Hi there, can you share your formula for calculated field for the "date last updated"?  I have the same problem as ccarls3, but I want it shown on my "Results Page" of the Report Page.

I also want to show the "Date Record was Created"

Quick Question,

Do you have the timestamp fields for creation and update in your table design? And if so, what are their names so I can tailor the equation.

Are you trying to just pull the top record of most recently created or updated?

Sorry about all of the questions, just trying to get a better picture of what you need.

The html page displays the application main menu, which will let the user know when the table was last updated. Since the table is updated daily I would like to automate instead of having to manually post a last updated date. Since the table contains a date in one of the columns I would like to use that date to display the message. Is it possible via sql statement or javascript?

To be strictly honest I am unsure of nicely HTML pages and SQL play together, haven't tried it yet myself!

But just so you have the equation:

SELECT TOP(1) Update_Timestamp_Field_Name
FROM Table_Name
ORDER BY Update_Timestamp_Field desc

Simply replace the "Update_Timestamp_Field_Name" with the name of your update timestamp field and "Table_Name" with the name of the table that the update time is stored in.

But unless you have your table designed to capture Update timestamps and Creation Timestamps this formula won't do you any good.

Also, try to use Tables to draw SQL data from and not views. I have had mixed results (Mostly bad ones) using SQL to pull from views.