Multiple Save Buttons With Different After Update Destinations

Hello. I would like to pass multiple parameters from a Detail DataPage to another page upon saving the record. I understand how to pass the parameters and specify a destination after update. The trick for me is I would like to have multiple Save buttons on this Detail page, each with a different destination after update specification. The user would choose which Save button to use based on what DataPage they want to go to next. Is this possible? Thank you.

Hi Ray,

Sure you can update form and redirect user to another URL in a one click. Also I can recommend you hiding the standard "Update" button.

To do this, add a header and a footer to your datapage, click the source tab and paste the following code to the header:

<script>
window.onload = function hide(){
document.getElementById("Mod0EditRecord").style.visibility = 'hidden';
}
</script>

Then add html block and create buttons. Try the following code:

<input onclick="myFunction()" type="submit" value="Click me" /> 
<script>
function myFunction() {
   window.open('URL');
}
</script>

You can paste an URL with parameters like: http://www.yourdomain.com/page.htm?Record_ID=[@field:Record_ID]  instead of URL.

In your Report on the 'Destination after record update' I would recommend you selecting  'Same form' or 'Go back to result page' because you specify different redirection for each button.

I hope it helps. Let me know about the results.