Passing Virtual field to Acknowledgement email

Simong

Question

I am having an issue to pass the value of a Virtual field to the email. To simplify, the issue can be reproduced as following:

1) create a table that contains a field of email address. Add an entry to the table with your email.

2) create a report for the table. add a virtual field Virtual1. add Virtual1 to the detail page. enable bulk edit

3) configure Acknowledgement email to send to the email address in the table record. add in email body to show Virtual1. It will be
[@cbParamVirtual1]

4) Preview, when asked, put something in Virtual1 to simulate. In result page, select all, then edit, change something then Update. When you click Update, an email will be sent to all email address in the table.

In detailed page, i can see Virtual1 shows the value I entered. But in the email I received, it shows empty where [@cbParamVirtual1] is. 

Is the virtual field supposed to be able to be passed to email?

2 answers to this question

Just tried and it does get passed to email when update the detailed page.

But when doing bulk edit, it doesn't work.

Is it by design? If dataPage fields are allowed to be passed to Ack email when doing bulk edit, why not the virtual fields? Doesn't make sense.