HTML Datasource Grayed Out

Breee

Question

Hi, 

Having an issue with the HTML "select datasource" drop down. The data page will default for a while but then switch to Common_LU_States as the datasource which is incorrect. I had multiple tables created which I've since deleted. The deletion was done in an attempt to have the datasource required "Reg_Auth" default in the drop down on the data page setting screen as it's completely grayed out so I can't select it. I used the Caspio "how to video" to set-up my authentication, table, and registration form with no issues. However, the HTML data page type will not allow the table selection that's required for authentication for user passwords. I can see the passwords and email information populating into the reg_auth table. However, the HTML code provided that I'm embedding into the website will work for 5 minutes tops never authenticating the passwords instead producing an error message that states "user name and password cannot be authenticated." When the form disappears only the redirect script ...

<script>

{

window.location = "scan.html";

}

</script>

appears on the website.  Ultimately, I have a website where users can register but not login after registering. Any suggestions as to how this can be corrected? Or, any options available other than the HTML data page for creating the login form? 

I greatly appreciate any help that can be provided.

Best, 

Bre

Edited by Breee
Left off HTML in redirect script

1 answer to this question