Create Notes Section Only Viewable by User Who Created It

LyaP

Question

Ok so I haven't been able to wrap my head around the authentication options. Essentially we have a user and an admin group, each user and admin have their own username and password. Then we have datapages that display information on various construction projects (we're up to around 400 projects and counting) to everyone, but they look a little different on the admin and user side. Currently nothing on the user side is editable, it is all display only.

What I would like to do is to create a "User Notes" section where each user can add their own notes to a certain project and then only they can see those notes they have added. So every time they pull up that project they see the notes they added but not any notes anyone else has added. If possible it would be handy for the admin to be able to see everyone's notes but not necessary.

What are my options? Is it best to be have the notes section be a separate database displayed on the same page as the project datapage? How would I go about setting up an authentication system? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Lya

1 answer to this question

Hi Lya,

you may create the similar work flow as in a one-to-many relational datapage.

When user adds a new log, you will stamp his authentication data, like email or ID.  Then you need to enable record level security in the Customer log history report to match value in authentication field and in data source table and show only those records, which were submitted by the user.

I hope this information helps.