Submission Form V Details Report

bbeshlian

Question

Hello,

Which would be the best DataPage to use for the following? I'd like to have a DataPage that has some prepopulated fields then the remainder of the fields blank which allows the user to complete them. The populated fields contain employee/co-worker information and the blank text fields are where the data can be input for either a peer or self evaluation. I built a Details Report which I tied to a view that pulls all the necessary fields for the evaluation. Currently it grabs every record completed or not. What I need is the DataPage to open up and display the basic employee/co-worker info and blank fields all the time. So what would be the best DataPage to display this with and how do I open it in an "Add" mode?

Thanks,

Bill

2 answers to this question

On 4/27/2017 at 7:07 AM, bbeshlian said:

Hello,

Which would be the best DataPage to use for the following? I'd like to have a DataPage that has some prepopulated fields then the remainder of the fields blank which allows the user to complete them. The populated fields contain employee/co-worker information and the blank text fields are where the data can be input for either a peer or self evaluation. I built a Details Report which I tied to a view that pulls all the necessary fields for the evaluation. Currently it grabs every record completed or not. What I need is the DataPage to open up and display the basic employee/co-worker info and blank fields all the time. So what would be the best DataPage to display this with and how do I open it in an "Add" mode?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I assume that you need a datapage to edit existing records. In case you want allow user edit his profile, you may use an update form.

If you need to allow user editing more than 1 record, you may use details datapage or results page. 

As far as I understand, you'd like to allow editing a record only if data in one or more fields is missing. You may use predefined criteria with comparison type"Is not blank" for those fields. This way you will be able to filter records where fields are not blank.

Hope that helps