Restrict Login to 1 IP address

acslakeland

Question

I need to restrict my login to 1 IP address. I have it collecting the ip address when the user registers, however i dont see any way to an additional field to my authentication. Is there Some sort on work around for this? Basically i am trying to prevent people from sharing there login credentials with another person. 

3 answers to this question

On 5/26/2017 at 8:38 PM, acslakeland said:

I need to restrict my login to 1 IP address. I have it collecting the ip address when the user registers, however i dont see any way to an additional field to my authentication. Is there Some sort on work around for this? Basically i am trying to prevent people from sharing there login credentials with another person. 

Hi acslakeland,

Perhaps you may consider a simpler solution restrict password sharing for the user of your application. 

In the Advanced setting of Authentication, you can check option: " Only one session per user ".

By enabling this option each of your app users can have only one active session. If another login is detected, the old session is expired immediately.

Hope this helps.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:50 AM, Vitalikssssss said:

Hi acslakeland,

Perhaps you may consider a simpler solution restrict password sharing for the user of your application. 

In the Advanced setting of Authentication, you can check option: " Only one session per user ".

By enabling this option each of your app users can have only one active session. If another login is detected, the old session is expired immediately.

Hope this helps.

I already have this selected however 

a) that doesn't do what i need because i need to be able to see what user is accessing what information therefore only 1 username can be associated with each ip address

b ) this doesn't work in my situation because my database is embedded into an i frame so the authentication is only on the first screen however once you login you are redirected to other pages  so i would be unable to terminate the session because they technically arent logged in at that point, i just collect there ip address for each thing they select so i can interpret  the information.

16 hours ago, acslakeland said:

I already have this selected however 

a) that doesn't do what i need because i need to be able to see what user is accessing what information therefore only 1 username can be associated with each ip address

b ) this doesn't work in my situation because my database is embedded into an i frame so the authentication is only on the first screen however once you login you are redirected to other pages  so i would be unable to terminate the session because they technically arent logged in at that point, i just collect there ip address for each thing they select so i can interpret  the information.

Hi acslakeland,

I would suggest adding a new field Text(255) to your table which you use for Authentication.

This field will store an IP address value upon user registration.

You should make this field hidden and in advanced tab use System Parameter to record user IP address.

In your Authentication settings you should include this field to the login screen and in Advanced tab select:

Receive value or parameter

Please use the same System parameter called client IP.

Hope this helps!