Date+1 and Insert on Submission Form

Hi, I have a simply one that I just can not figure out. I know it's easy but I haven't been able to get this to work.

I have a field where the user will enter a date. I want to take that date and add one, then insert into another field on a submission form.

Field Name: End Date (user entered) = 10/23/2017

Field Name: Expire Date (calculated) = 10/24/2017

Any help would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, lmooring said:

Hi, I have a simply one that I just can not figure out. I know it's easy but I haven't been able to get this to work.

I have a field where the user will enter a date. I want to take that date and add one, then insert into another field on a submission form.

Field Name: End Date (user entered) = 10/23/2017

Field Name: Expire Date (calculated) = 10/24/2017

Any help would be appreciated.

You can use formula field with dateadd function:

DATEADD(dd, 1, [@field:end_date])

If you prefer JavaScript, have a look at this post, you just need to add 1 day instead of 1 month.

Hi thank you for the response. Unfortunately formula fields are not visible on the submission form (to my knowledge). I need the date+1 to appear on the submission form prior to submission. If the date needs to be changed due to the result of the +1 date calculation, the user can do so prior to submitting the form.

Hi Imooring,

You can try to use the following code on your Submission Form in order to insert "+1 day" value into your Expire Date field upon user select the date in End Date field:

<script>
function DateAdd()
 {

var a = new Date(document.getElementById('InsertRecordYOUR_FIELD_End_Date').value);

a.setDate(a.getDate() + 1);

var dd = a.getDate();
var mm = a.getMonth()+1;
var yy= a.getFullYear();

var b = mm + '/' + dd + '/'+yy; // you should change an order if you use non-US localization in your Submission Form

document.getElementById('InsertRecordYOUR_FIELD_Expiration_Date').value=b;

}

document.getElementById('InsertRecord_YOUR_FIELD_End_Date').onchange= DateAdd;

</script>

You should place this code into the Footer of your Submission Form. Please make sure that you have disabled HTML editor.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Hi @lmooring,

As of July 12, 2018, Caspio introduced new features which you can find here: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-bridge-13-0/

This release includes a new feature, Calculated Values in Submission Forms.  This allows you to generate calculations which you can use for your date using Mathilda's DATEADD(dd, 1, [@field:end_date]) and then submit/insert it to your table without using JS.

Check these videos for more information:

I hope it helps!