Two Step Submission

Scott

Question

On a Submission form I would like a button to validate all fields and records and run my imbedded HTML in my footer, similar to the checking of fields when the submit button is executed.

When this checking button is executed and successful a confirmation of all details appears and the final execution button appears with the data and a submit button can be executed and insert the record in the table.

The reasoning for this is I have some front of sales people who may at time enter incorrect information and I want them to check their entries prior to a final submission execution to the table.

Possible??

1 answer to this question

On 12/16/2017 at 4:46 AM, Scott said:

On a Submission form I would like a button to validate all fields and records and run my imbedded HTML in my footer, similar to the checking of fields when the submit button is executed.

When this checking button is executed and successful a confirmation of all details appears and the final execution button appears with the data and a submit button can be executed and insert the record in the table.

The reasoning for this is I have some front of sales people who may at time enter incorrect information and I want them to check their entries prior to a final submission execution to the table.

Possible??

What kind of validation do you need to do? In case of checking that entered number is between a specific range or checking that date is not in the past, this can be done before record is inserted, however if you need to check that value is unique in the datapage, this can be done only when record is inserted. You may also conciser creating a two step registration - create a submission form with only main fields which control uniqueness  and  then entering other info on update form. 

You may find more details here and here

Hope that helps.