telepet

Possible to have automatic logout upon hitting "Submit" button?

Question

10 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, telepet said:

Thanks @Franchiser.  I'm wondering-- can you explain why it necessary to uncheck the "Enable HTLM editor" checkbox?  I've experimented with having it checked and things still seems to work ok.  

@telepet Some users may find enabling the HTML Editor to be a hassle when placing a code such as javascript or css. You need to click the source icon every time once the said code will be used if not, the code will display in a plain text.

-Franchiser-

Yes, if you are using a report type details datapage, you can set the following:

On your details page options settings, uncheck Navigate to next/previous record.

On your destination and email settings, set destination after record update dropdown to "Display A Message"

Uncheck enable HTML editor

Insert this redirect script in the message box:

<script>
window.location.href = "https://b5.caspio.com/folderlogout";
</script>

Just make sure your logout URL is set to the correct data center (example above is using b5).

This should automatically logout the user after they update.

Thanks @Carlson.  I'm using a Single Record Update data page, but will explore  building out a Details data page, like the one you mentioned above.   That said, I wonder on the feasibility of hiding the default "Update" button, then creating another button that is labeled "Submit", but have it be the logout link on the backend.  

II've hidden a search button before using this code in the header:

<style>
#searchID 
{
display:none;
}
</style>

..and so far I seem to be able to hide the Submit button by replacing #searchID with #Mod0EditRecord.  Now I think I need to find out how to make a button that both submits and logs out the user...

I'll update this thread once I've explored a bit....  Thanks again!

Thanks @MayMusic for the information.  I've since created a Details datapage that summarize the user input and has two buttons-- one that allows them to go back to the  Sincle Record Update page, and another button (labled "Confirm Submission") that actually logs out the user.  

Depending how this solution works in real life, I may end up using your much simpler solution.  Thanks again.

21 hours ago, telepet said:

Thanks @MayMusic for the information.  I've since created a Details datapage that summarize the user input and has two buttons-- one that allows them to go back to the  Sincle Record Update page, and another button (labled "Confirm Submission") that actually logs out the user.  

Depending how this solution works in real life, I may end up using your much simpler solution.  Thanks again.

Hi Telepet,

All suggestions will work, but to put a little bit of spice. You can use time delay before logging out automatically.

<script>
setTimeout(function () {
window.location.href = "https://b5.caspio.com/folderlogout";
}, 3000);
</script>

Try to have this code in your destination after record submit, just right under the display message. Please make sure you uncheck the "Enable HTML editor" before placing the code.

-Franchiser-