Triggered Action to join 3 tables.

Magnum

Question

hi, 

need help in setting up triggered action to join data from 3 tables. 

Tabl1 columns : Cust Id (unique), Active Chk (yes/no)

Tab2 columns: Cust Email, Cust Job Title

Tab 3 Columns: Comments, Cust Email

Scenario: need to update Active Chk to yes in table 1, when Cust job title = 'business" adds data in comments (tab3).

I am using Inner Join in trigger actions, but not getting how to add where clause (job title = business). Any insight in setting up join would be great help!

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

hi, 

need help in setting up triggered action to join data from 3 tables. 

Tabl1 columns : Cust Id (unique), Active Chk (yes/no)

Tab2 columns: Cust Email, Cust Job Title

Tab 3 Columns: Comments, Cust Email

Scenario: need to update Active Chk to yes in table 1, when Cust job title = 'business" adds data in comments (tab3).

I am using Inner Join in trigger actions, but not getting how to add where clause (job title = business). Any insight in setting up join would be great help!

Hi Magnum,

Screenshot of your trigger might help to understand your workflow. You may try adding a Select Block to get the specific value and used it to your where clause.

-Franchiser-

On 5/10/2018 at 1:42 AM, Franchiser said:

Hi Magnum,

Screenshot of your trigger might help to understand your workflow. You may try adding a Select Block to get the specific value and used it to your where clause.

-Franchiser-

hi! thanks for ur reply.. i have attached the screenshot of my triggered action. So the logic here is to check a column if (conditions in where clause) are met and join is on 3 tables. I am adding notes in notes_log table (claim id in notes_log is not unique but claim id is unique in claim_list table where i am joining them for info). Auth table is to define the role of individual adding notes. Joining Auth and claim list with email id of individual adding notes. The trigger action is not working here, any help would be a great help!

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 9.00.16 PM.png

On 5/13/2018 at 6:40 PM, Magnum said:

hi! thanks for ur reply.. i have attached the screenshot of my triggered action. So the logic here is to check a column if (conditions in where clause) are met and join is on 3 tables. I am adding notes in notes_log table (claim id in notes_log is not unique but claim id is unique in claim_list table where i am joining them for info). Auth table is to define the role of individual adding notes. Joining Auth and claim list with email id of individual adding notes. The trigger action is not working here, any help would be a great help!

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 9.00.16 PM.png

Hi Magnum,

From my standpoint I don't see anything wrong, the code seems fine. Just to confirm, is this the full trigger screenshot?

-Franchiser-

Hi Magnum,

The value 'true' for MngrNotesChk may not be inserted as the light pink true field is just like a placeholder. Click on the Logic or Data button on the left and drag a 'true' field and place it in here. It should then work.

Apart from this, I  don't see any other issue with the trigger. A full screenshot of the trigger will help us in reviewing it better.

Regards,

On 5/24/2018 at 10:55 AM, BaySunshine said:

Hi Magnum,

The value 'true' for MngrNotesChk may not be inserted as the light pink true field is just like a placeholder. Click on the Logic or Data button on the left and drag a 'true' field and place it in here. It should then work.

Apart from this, I  don't see any other issue with the trigger. A full screenshot of the trigger will help us in reviewing it better.

Regards,

Ty BayShine, but its just not giving me the results. I have abandoned idea of using trigger action for get desired results and used a different approach. 

On 5/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, Franchiser said:

Hi Magnum,

From my standpoint I don't see anything wrong, the code seems fine. Just to confirm, is this the full trigger screenshot?

-Franchiser-

Yes, its full screenshot. Thank You for looking into it, i could'nt make it work so moved on to a different approach than using trigger action. 

Hi @Magnum,

Please verify the following:

1) Is the join Notes_Log.UserId = User_Auth.Email correct?

2) Are Notes_Log.ClaimNumber and User_Auth.Email both unique fields in their tables?

If the above are right, there doesn't seem to be any error with the trigger. Please provide a screenshot of the table designs of both tables so we can test.

Regards.