How To Use Application Parameters in TASKS?

Becca37

Question

How do we use application parameters in TASKS?

For instance, we will want to generate reports on a pre-set basis (e.g. daily, weekly, etc) to be sent from a particular email that's used application-wide and to another particular email that's used application-wide. From_Email and SendReportsTo_Email would be the application parameters.

But when I try to put the application parameters into the task input fields, they won't validate. I can use them in DataPages, e.g. for password recovery and submission acknowledgements. Very frustrating to not be able to use them in tasks as well. So surely I'm missing something and just am not doing it right. So: How do we use application parameters in TASKS? :0)

2019-04-19_9-37-05.thumb.png.13a0706dc8f42b0552808532e7430a72.png

3 answers to this question

I'm actually trying to do the same thing. I'll let you know if I have any luck. Also sticking around here in case a solution pops up :D

*I was told that this is not part of the functionality yet with Tasks. They came out with the Caspio 15.0 update, so it is pretty new... But I guess Tasks can only pull data from Tables and not App Parameters yet. 

You can put a recommendation into the Caspio Ideabox. I would, but I'm already out of votes to add more ideas. :blink:

Edited by kpcollier
Online Help answer.