Daily Report emails with specific dates stamped in query string

CodeRedLLC

Question

Racking my brain, thought I'd give this brilliant group of people a shot at my problem!  I'm using tasks to send daily emails that link (with parameters) to a report form.  I need each email to show a specific timeframe of activity that is static (i.e. todays email should show yesterday and today up to the time the email was sent, but Sundays email should show Saturday etc.). 

I'm using parameters, and was intending to set the report up to receive the date ranges. The issue I'm having is stamping the dates into the query string in the email link so they can be passed to the form.  

Any thoughts?

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, CodeRedLLC said:

This worked great!  One question, my concatenate goes horizontally, which makes it extremely difficult to navigate.  How did you get yours to go vertical?  See screenshot

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 10.16.44 AM.png

Just right click on the concatenate block and select "Vertical View". In addition, you may double click on some blocks to minimize it.

-DN31337!

There's a new article in Caspio's Howto Page that contains steps to generate daily reports via Email. You may check this link:

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/generate-daily-reports-via-email/

You can now directly display a report in a tabular format in your email instead of redirecting your users to a Reports DataPage. This is accomplished through the use of variables. There are two types of variables available in Tasks and Triggered Actions.

(1) User-defined variables - used to store static values or calculation results.

(2) Table variables - used to store a series of records that may then be utilized as the data source for other Action blocks.

You can apply the same criteria provided above to filter out the result of the Table Variable.

Hope this helps!