Chrome Tab Opens Then Immediately Closes

sleavitt

Question

Hi there,

Thanks in advance for your help! We use Caspio as a web based inventory tracking system. We have a button that we made that opens a new tab that has only the label for that particular item we're stocking in. In the past this tab opened up no problem but unfortunately since November the tab opens then immediately closes before you can do anything. The only work around is to use a different browser or right click on the link, select copy link address, manually open a new tab and paste the link.

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? We've tested this issue on multiple computers so we know that its not an isolated issue. Thoughts?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, sleavitt said:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance for your help! We use Caspio as a web based inventory tracking system. We have a button that we made that opens a new tab that has only the label for that particular item we're stocking in. In the past this tab opened up no problem but unfortunately since November the tab opens then immediately closes before you can do anything. The only work around is to use a different browser or right click on the link, select copy link address, manually open a new tab and paste the link.

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? We've tested this issue on multiple computers so we know that its not an isolated issue. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi @sleavitt,

I have also experienced similar issues and I contacted Caspio Support regarding my issue. They have provided me with some helpful questions that really helped a lot and I would like to share it to you so I can also offer help:

1. How many times does this problem occur? Does this apply to all of the users accessing the page using the same browser that you are using?

2. What is the browser that you are using? Provide us browser version, etc. 

3. Can I have the DataPage or the URL and more steps to walk through with your issue? Test username and password will do if it's authenticated.

4. Have you tried clearing up your browser cache? This normally solves quick issues with some issues related to browser access. 

Hope you can answer. :) 

On 1/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, sleavitt said:

Hi there,

Thanks!

It is possible that there is a JavaScript on the target webpage that causes the window to close. Either it is defined on an HTML Block, or set in "Destination after record submit" configuration. If this is the case, then, it is expected that the browser should have closed and is only not able to do so when opened on another window. I am assuming that the implementation was similar to this: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/add-an-option-to-a-public-facing-dropdown/

Anyway, if you have the browser open, you may open up your Dev Tools/Firebug > Console to see if you have got any error message. This should give you an idea as to where the line of code was specified. Do note that this is only my assumption and you might be implementing a different workflow.

Might be a good idea to contact Caspio Support if you still can't figure it out. Hope this helps.

-DN31337!