Create a certificate like report for printing

Speedracer350

Question

I have an existing access database that sort of serves as a CRM. I have a table of students, and I print certificates when they pass a course. In access, this is a report fed with a query of the their table data with all your typical certificate jargon. It then prints nicely. I’ve been playing around with DataPages and views, but can’t seem to figure out if a similar report can be created. Any insight would be great!

7 answers to this question

The best current way to create a Document or Certificate-like datapage is with a list-type report page - to my knowledge. You'll need a lot of HTML and CSS to manipulate the page to look like a certificate.

You need to add one field at least to get to the Results page - just pick a random one to get you to the Configure Results page. Once there, add in a Calculated Field and just write "NULL" in it. Now you can delete that random field you added in. Make sure to have Header and Footer enabled on the Configure Results page. 

After that, add an HTML block. 

Click on 'Next' to go to the next configure screen. You will see an option for Records Per Page. Set this to 1. This will make it so only one list record will show on the screen, which helps with printing.

Then, you need to make that 1 list record full width and height of the page. Put this in the header.

<style>

div[class*="cbResultSetPanelDataContainer"]{
height: 100% !important;
width: 100% !important;
background-color: white !important;
}

</style>

After that, go into your HTML block you added. Now you can use either HTML or the WYSIWYG Editor to create how you want the certificate to look like. You can use the field picker to input fields directly from your table. It is tricky to make it look right, but after some time you might be able to get something that looks good enough.

Finally, this page will only look right if you make it a PDF and download from there. So, in that same screen where you set Records Per Page to 1, click on the Advanced Tab. Then check on PDF. Then click on the pen by the PDF checkbox a mess with the PDF Settings until it fits your liking. 

Caspio does not have a standard feature for something like this. It is pretty ridiculous. If we could use the PDF generator on Details Page like before, this would be easier, but I am still a believer that a Document type datapage should be standard.

Here are the links to the PDF on Details Idea and the Document/Letter DataPage Idea on Caspio's Ideabox if you would like to add a vote.

Hi! Caspio added features throughout many releases and they recently added the document generation feature. You can upload an editable PDF of what you want the certificate to look like and map out values from tables to there. You can find more information about it here:

https://howto.caspio.com/document-generation/document-generation/

Hey there! Caspio releases new enhancements to the document generation feature, check this out: 

Support for images in addition to text in PDF watermarks
Additional capabilities that determine when a PDF checkbox should be selected or not: 
- More conditions added for date/time and timestamp fields 
- The ability to use display values of related tables in conditions 
Additional “Data source type” column on the document templates list view
Source: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-36-0/#:~:text=Enhancements to Document Generation

Hello! Caspio releases another new enhancement to the document generation feature, refer below: 

• Ability to sort values from related tables for generated PDF files
  • New “Last generated” column on document templates list view
  • Customization of Date/Time format in PDF files

Source: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-40-0/#:~:text=Enhancements to Document Generation