Limit User to 5,500 Record Downloads

wimtracking2

Question

I have a Report Datapage that displays Tabular results. I have enabled users to download their search results into a .csv file. I would like to limit the number of records (5,500) that each user can download over the course of 365 days.

I would like to continue to allow them to download as many records each time they search until they have dowloaded 5,500. At that time I would like the download option to be disabled.

Has anyone done this? Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hello, I found your post interesting. I just want to verify some things before I check if we can do something about this.

Does those records only come from a single data source or table?

also, just a summary, you are planning to limit them to number of download per record right? so even the count will stack even though they have downloaded it before.

if so, hmmmmmm let see what we can do...

Hi @NiceDuck

Yes, the data pulls from one View.

It's a limit on the total count of all records downloaded over one year. So download one, they download a .csv file of 500 records, download two, they download a .csv file of 3,000 records. Now they have downloaded 3,500 records and can only download another 2,000. Once they download the last 2,000 records, the download option should be disabled. So they can download as many .csv files as needed, until the total count of all the records from each download reaches 5,500.

Thanks so taking a look!

Hi @wimtracking2 @NiceDuck

Have either of you had any luck with figuring this out? Our application's success is weighing heavily on the ability to limit each users' ability to individually and/or bulk select records with a limit of 1000 per month. Also, have the option to increase that limit if need be. I was able to add a checkbox to each record, add a download counter via an event listener, but when one click the download now button nothing happens.

Thank you in advance.