Hide submission form that uses auto-submit

DesiLogi

Question

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible (and then how) to make a submission form invisible so the user doesn't see it at all (and not the 1 second flash normally with auto-submit)?

I have one submission form that passes a parameter (after submit) to another submission form (that has js auto-submit code) so that the new autoID value from the first submission form can be pasted into a new record in a different table (via the 2nd submission form).  I have to do it this way instead of using a trigger on the 1st submission form's table because of back-end sql triggers locking the table and not being able to use front-end triggers. So this is a workaround. 

It's really clunky and time consuming for the user to have the 2nd submission form open and 'flash' (whether the time interval is set to 500 or 1000 it still is ugly) before auto-submitting. I was hoping there'd be a different way to deploy the 2nd submission form, maybe in a web page that's on the server but doesn't 'show' or something like that. Any ideas? Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hi Vitalikssssss,

Thanks for the tip- I hadn't thought of using css. That does help the datapage not 'flash' when it opens/auto-submits, which is better. I was hoping there'd be a way to 'run' the datapage in the background and not even have it display (for a second) so the user doesn't know it's there. This solution is a step in the right direction though- thanks!

On 4/8/2020 at 9:37 AM, Vitalikssssss said:

Hi @DesiLogi,

Perhaps you can use CSS instead of JS to hide the Datapage.

Try putting this code in DP Header:

<style>

#caspioform {
    display: none;
}

</style>

How can I hide the Search Form section of a Tabular report, without hiding the Table report itself?

I tried this out in my own html file:
<style>
#caspioform {
display: none;
}
</style>

But it hides the whole datapage. I need to hide only the Search Form section.

And I need to do it only in my .html file, not the datapage ( I mean I can't do this on the footer o header). Also I can't generate a new datapage right now.  I need to solve it via html, as long as it is possible.

Thanks in advance