Virtual field function in a DataPage

mrsuave

Question

Just a random thought, when I submit or update a value on a virtual field, does the value counts as a new data in the table? because when I return to that DataPage (Single-Record Update) the field is shown unanswered and it needs to have a value again. Any idea? I'm open to all suggestions. 

2 answers to this question

@mrsuave- in my experience, virtual fields are usually used to replace the actual field in your Datapage, you can use them to input but it will not be saved. You can also use them to pass data to other DataPages using parameters. I think, this documentation will help you out to further understand that virtual field function: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/datapage-components/virtual-fields/

In addition, there are similar forum topics just like this one and you can visit them here. hope this helps! :D 

On 12/8/2020 at 12:13 AM, mrsuave said:

Just a random thought, when I submit or update a value on a virtual field, does the value counts as a new data in the table? because when I return to that DataPage (Single-Record Update) the field is shown unanswered and it needs to have a value again. Any idea? I'm open to all suggestions. 

That is correct. I also usually just use and virtual fields to make a proof of concept and set the form elements to a calculated value and display an example result so I can visibly see it. :) https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/datapage-components/calculated-values/