Pass "Total&Aggregation" field as a parameter

Jastania

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello @Jastania,

As far as I know, it is not possible to pass a value of an "Aggregation" field as a parameter.

If you need to save the value in the table, you may check the following forum post: How to save an aggregate value in a table

Please feel free to elaborate on your workflow and to update this thread if you have further questions.

Regards

I ran into the same problem recently.  I was able to do a work-around by inserting a virtual field in my datapage and setting it as a calculated field.  Then I inserted a SELECT statement. 

Here is my example:   SELECT SUM((tblSaleInfo_Price)*(tblSaleInfo_ShareOwnership1)) FROM _v_BuyerID_SaleInfo WHERE tblCustomerInfo_BuyerID = target.[@field:BuyerID] AND tblSaleInfo_Client = '[@authfield:Client]'

In this case I am doing a calculation of two fields within a view where I select a for a certain Buyer ID and it has to meet the Client authentication field.

Hope this helps!

You can also use Triggered actions to get the value of the fields and populate them to another field, from there, the value should be passed freely. But of course, this is still depending on the workflow of your DataPage and designs. 

Triggers: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

App Tasks: https://howto.caspio.com/tasks/