Is there a CASPIO equivalent to an Access Update Query?

RossChevalier

Question

I want to replace the blank values in a new field with the existing values in a different field

Example

Field OldJobCode is full for all employees but we are making modifications to how we do job codes to be pulled from a table instead of manually entered.  I would like to update the values in the field NewJobCode with what is presently in OldJobCode and one at a time is not viable.  

I've searched for this and not found a simple way to do this.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

@RossChevalierif you are simply trying to take the values from OldJobCode and put them in NewJobCode, you can utilize Tasks. Build a task just like a trigger. Use the UPDATE block and set it as 'On Demand'. Once you finish building it, click on Run Task and all of the records should be updated with New Job Code as the same as Old Job Code. 

UPDATE YourTable SET NewJobCode = OldJobCode WHERE NewJobCode is blank

Or you could export the table to Excel, copy over all of the values, and import them into the table. 

5 hours ago, RossChevalier said:

I want to replace the blank values in a new field with the existing values in a different field

Example

Field OldJobCode is full for all employees but we are making modifications to how we do job codes to be pulled from a table instead of manually entered.  I would like to update the values in the field NewJobCode with what is presently in OldJobCode and one at a time is not viable.  

I've searched for this and not found a simple way to do this.

Thank you

This can only be done using Calculated Values as form elements wherein you use Select Statements to get the information of the desired field into the blank field. Also, Triggered actions may work. 

Calculated Values - Caspio Online Help

Triggered Actions - Caspio Online Help