How to pass a parameter to a details page from a report listing

AccessNerd

Question

I have a list that when I click on the ID field it takes me to the details page. I've added an iframe in the details page, but it needs a parameter "@rid".  What I'd like to happen is that when I click the ID field on the listing, it stores that value in the "@rid" parameter in addition to opening up the details page. 

Anyone know how to accomplish something like this?

2 answers to this question

If I got your inquiry correct, you want to pass a parameter inside a datapage that you have deployed on your details page as am Iframe.

If the parameter you wanted to pass is existing on the details page as a field or even as an external paramter, you can try simply adding it on the URL of the datapage you have deployed on the details page via Query string.

kind of like on this:

<iframe name="checkboxes or logic" title="checkboxes or logic" src="<dp URL>?RID=[@rid]">Sorry, but your browser does not support frames.</iframe>

replace [@rid] with [@field:rid] if the RID is a field value and not an external parameter.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, NiceDuck said:

If I got your inquiry correct, you want to pass a parameter inside a datapage that you have deployed on your details page as am Iframe.

If the parameter you wanted to pass is existing on the details page as a field or even as an external paramter, you can try simply adding it on the URL of the datapage you have deployed on the details page via Query string.

kind of like on this:

<iframe name="checkboxes or logic" title="checkboxes or logic" src="<dp URL>?RID=[@rid]">Sorry, but your browser does not support frames.</iframe>

replace [@rid] with [@field:rid] if the RID is a field value and not an external parameter.

Yes, thank you. Using the [@field:fieldname] worked as desired. Really appreciate the help!