Site Recommendations

pmcfarlain

Question

Looking for a site builder that works well with Caspio and also has more customizability than platforms like Weebly/Wordpress. I need to be able to easily make elements larger or smaller and reduce margins. I really liked the setup of Wix but unfortunately Wix doesn't work well with the website I need to build as I need to be able to pass parameters. Any advice would be much appreciated!

7 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, pmcfarlain said:

Looking for a site builder that works well with Caspio and also has more customizability than platforms like Weebly/Wordpress. I need to be able to easily make elements larger or smaller and reduce margins. I really liked the setup of Wix but unfortunately Wix doesn't work well with the website I need to build as I need to be able to pass parameters. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Anything that is not using iFrame to embed outside content should do. I have no idea about website builders since I prefer just using bootstrap and uploading them on file server. I believe Caspio offers free hosting on paid users, but, yeah, it's not a builder so you have to create own styles and such and upload your html/php files on it.

Hi @pmcfarlain,

I have done some research on it before as well, looking for the best CMS compatible with Caspio. I know you were looking for some other options but I would only recommend using Wordpress.org or Weebly CMS for deployment of Caspio Datapages. It is also possible to use  GoDaddy but only for the Web Hosting for FTP-deployment approach not like the site builder.

Here is related forum post as well:

Regards,
Sandy 

On 6/24/2021 at 4:25 AM, sandy159 said:

Hi @pmcfarlain,

I have done some research on it before as well, looking for the best CMS compatible with Caspio. I know you were looking for some other options but I would only recommend using Wordpress.org or Weebly CMS for deployment of Caspio Datapages. It is also possible to use  GoDaddy but only for the Web Hosting for FTP-deployment approach not like the site builder.

Here is related forum post as well:

Regards,
Sandy 

May I ask why GoDaddy's hosted website builder (drag and drop CMS) is ruled out in your reply? 

47 minutes ago, jimcanto said:

May I ask why GoDaddy's hosted website builder (drag and drop CMS) is ruled out in your reply? 

GoDaddy uses iframe for embedding outside content, which is kinda hard to integrate, same as Wix, Weebly has some builders that use iframe as well, but the standard one does not, so, it should be fine

18 minutes ago, TellMeWhy said:

GoDaddy uses iframe for embedding outside content, which is kinda hard to integrate, same as Wix, Weebly has some builders that use iframe as well, but the standard one does not, so, it should be fine

Are you certain Godaddy's website builder does not allow embedded javascript widgets? They always have as far as I remember. However, it has been quite some time since I've used it. The following was all done with embedded Caspio widgets (not iFrame) and Website Tonight (Godaddy's website builder back in 2008/9) .. note the date on the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDpN5K5sgg

2 minutes ago, jimcanto said:

Are you certain Godaddy's website builder does not allow embedded javascript widgets? They always have as far as I remember. However, it has been quite some time since I've used it. The following was all done with embedded Caspio widgets (not iFrame) and Website Tonight (Godaddy's website builder back in 2008/9) .. note the date on the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDpN5K5sgg

They do allow embedding, but, the container they use is iframe, which prevents some function of Caspio's DataPages to work, this can be avoided by using iframe deployment instead of embed deployment, but, again, iframe(deployment) is not really recommended for most workflows, especially if it's gonna be viewed via mobile

25 minutes ago, TellMeWhy said:

They do allow embedding, but, the container they use is iframe, which prevents some function of Caspio's DataPages to work, this can be avoided by using iframe deployment instead of embed deployment, but, again, iframe(deployment) is not really recommended for most workflows, especially if it's gonna be viewed via mobile

Well that's a bummer. I can't help but wonder if Zoho Sites is not using the same method.

I actually felt compelled to go ask GoDaddy support so I would know if their builder was an option for any of my future projects. Their answer does not indicate what you are saying... but I also didn't ask them about their container specifically. I asked if I could embed using other techniques than iFrame. See response below. Not really comforting when a support agent uses "should" in an answer of this sort.  :-\ 

BTW... nice to meet you. :)

Godaddy scripts question.png