How to make URL field a hyperlink

carol

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi carol,

You may also refer to this forum post:

On 9/11/2018 at 9:11 PM, JolliBeng said:

Hello directrix,

You can display the name of the page by configuring the field on the results page.

On your Configure Results Page Fields, select the field that displays the URL.  On Field Options, select Render Value As: URL Link. Then, check the Enable Custom Display checkbox and insert the field that displays the name of the website. See the photo below:

webname.png.03fd5245ffe48ebbf810705050b786b7.png

I also have a sample deployed DataPage for this, you may check it here: https://c0acv700.caspio.com/dp/fc4860004f98db210f4846b08ea0

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JolliBeng

Can you please tell me how to use an existing field (i.e. Company Name) as the link to the appropriate \"View Details\" page, versus having to have another column (default name: View Details) in my search results table to link to the page.

My \"details\" page is a \"Company Profile\" page, and I want the company names listed in my search results pages to be the hyperlink to the details page.

Thank you! This is very helpful. Perhaps I should make a new thread, but thought I should ask here first:

If I enable custom display through this approach, how might I allow interactive (column) sorting by the display field (rather than by the URL field)?

I've also used another approach, which is adding an HTML block and using the following script. Is it possible to allow sorting by editing the script below?

<div id='record[@cbRecordIndex#]'></div>

<script type="text/javascript">

document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', function (event) {

if ("[@field:URL]" != '') {
document.getElementById("record[@cbRecordIndex#]").innerHTML='<a href="[@field:URL]" target="_blank">[@field:Website]</a>';
   }

});
</script>

Many thanks in advance!

On 1/2/2019 at 11:45 PM, JolliBeng said:

Hi carol,

You may also refer to this forum post: