Connected Dropdowns

crisraguilar

Question

I would like one field to affect another field... sooo... lets say

field one = counties of california

field two = cities of counties of california

If you choose Los Angeles County in field one, I would like field two to limit it's cities to: pasadena, montebello, temple city, etc.

If you choose San Bernardino County in field one, I would like field two to limit it's cities to: ontario, rialto, fontana, etc.

I do not want you to have a choice to all the cities in california.. thats too many cities to scroll through.

Any ideas on how to do this??? I have several fields that I would like this for not just for cities but I figured this was the best way to explain my issue.

21 answers to this question

Can you please add me as a second for this feature. Many other IDEs have it by default.

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is not a standard feature of Caspio Bridge. I will add it to our wish list.

We do have a professional service department who can custom program this feature for you. You can place a request here:

http://www.caspio.com/support/projectconsultation.asp

Can you please add me as a second for this feature. Many other IDEs have it by default.

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is not a standard feature of Caspio Bridge. I will add it to our wish list.

We do have a professional service department who can custom program this feature for you. You can place a request here:

http://www.caspio.com/support/projectconsultation.asp

Hi David,

I have added your name on the feature request. I will keep you guys updated.

I need this same function...one drop down for categories and then based on that selection a new drop down with a listing of documents associated with that category.

I urgently need the connected drop down functionality. I may have to switch away from Caspio if it can't be done which would be a shame as the rest of your product is excellent !

Sad to say... no. I keep using Caspio because of its ease of use and other great features. Rumor is that in the next update... sometime late this month or next month should have this feature.

Caspio... is this true?

Maybe someone could add the java fix and give a small explanation on how it works.

thanks!