Copying Tables or part of tables

Pumpedplop

Question

5 answers to this question

By new table, do you mean a new data sheet/database will be added using a button inside a DataPage? In that case, I don't think there is any standard feature for that but I guess if you can create a REST API post query through the DataPage button then it is possible. to create a table. But that is a very longshot workaround for what you are trying to do. I doubt there is an easy way to do this.

IF what you mean is actually making a New table on the datapage level, then I'm afraid that there is no feature for that. It doesn't seem to be attainable via Custom Script either. 

Actually, not even the internal features such as triggers and tasks would be able to do that. You will have better chances on the API.

However, if what you mean is just copying the contents of the table from another table (which are already existing), then we can setup an auto submit form that will submit values to a table with a triggered action to perform the intended process.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:49 AM, NiceDuck said:

IF what you mean is actually making a New table on the datapage level, then I'm afraid that there is no feature for that. It doesn't seem to be attainable via Custom Script either. 

Actually, not even the internal features such as triggers and tasks would be able to do that. You will have better chances on the API.

However, if what you mean is just copying the contents of the table from another table (which are already existing), then we can setup an auto submit form that will submit values to a table with a triggered action to perform the intended process.

Hello @NiceDuck could you give some more detail on this solution please?

As you can see in this post, I have been trying to setup a similar triggered action, but finding that it's not possible then to stamp a common ID into the new rows.

It sounds as though with your solution here I could receive the common ID as a parameter on load?

Thanks 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:52 AM, biota said:

Hello @NiceDuck could you give some more detail on this solution please?

As you can see in this post, I have been trying to setup a similar triggered action, but finding that it's not possible then to stamp a common ID into the new rows.

It sounds as though with your solution here I could receive the common ID as a parameter on load?

Thanks 

Do you simply need to insert the ID generated for the new insert on Table A to be copied in Table B whenever your trigger duplicates the inserted record 10 times?
If yes, then just use #inserted. I think you can assign the ID field to Table B as long as the field in Table B is set as a compatible data type for the auto-generated ID field in Table A
image.png.bd3c2aa4fe06cd51011ee90014efdb7c.png