How to delete the data of one Table in a view?

ycollier

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi ycollier,

We do not offer options for our clients to directly delete the data of a table from a view for safety consideration. For you to delete records in a Search and Report DataPage based on view, you need to create a simulated delete link in the results page so when a user clicks on the link, another Search and Report DataPage (this one will be based on the real table) will be displayed with the record being enabled to be deleted. This requires additional DataPage and passing parameters.

Here I attached a document including the procedures to do so. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shengnan

I have a view that joins attendance records with person records, so I can see the person's name, etc., in my attendance report. Even though I've marked the Attendance table as "editable" in the view, it does not allow me to select "Delete". So I can edit, but I can't delete through the search-and-report. I think you have to use an additional datapage just to do the delete. The "How To" website provides a page explaining how to do this.

Hi,

Sorry for confusion, let me correct my statement, the current behavior of the system is to not allow delete in a View which includes more that one table. So if the View only includes one table for filtering purpose, the delete option is available. If the View joins tables then for data integrity purpose the system does not allow delete option in the report.

I will update this post if we enable the delete feature for a multi-table View.

Best,

Bahar M.

Create a delete link to the page on your report page by adding a HTML Block and pass the unique value of the record through the link in this format:

<a href="Link to the next page&ID=[@field:UNIQUEFIELDNAME]"> Delete </a>

and then create a predefined details page which is filtered by this unique field and is receiving the value in this format [@ID]. Get the link to this page and replace it with "Link to the next page"

make sure to enable parameters for both pages and select "[@field:UNIQUEFIELDNAME]" in the code above from the picker on the bottom right corner of HTML Block

In the details page to see the delete button you need to enable this option in Details Page Options screen