Importing Xml Files

dawsonpick

Question

Does anyone have experience in importing XML files into Caspio. I am trying to import the attached xml file so that we can populate a "Venues" table with a series of venue records, each one having the following fields from the xml file:

venueID

venueName

fullName

categoryName

venueAddress

town

county

postcode

countryCode

dialcode

phonenumber

website

email

However, this is not working currently and Caspio does not seem to associate the fields for each venue together. Can anyone advise.

Many thanks

David

PA_Venues_Ver2_amendedfrom caspio.xml

4 answers to this question

I know this may be a little too late but in case someone needs a similar help like dawsonpick here, I would like to suggest to make sure that when importing, the table should correspond a format that is similar to what Access or Excel spreadsheet looks like. In this case, compatibility issues will not be an issue. Importing is easy in Caspio, but you also need to make sure that the data that you are importing is good before it is imported because sometimes, there are issues that starts with the previous data that was imported into the tables and may get your application workflow into a roadblock. 

Here's a helpful link: Importing Data - Caspio Online Help